Sunday, April 17, 2011

Survival Reasearch Laboratories Essay

Survival Reasearch  Laboratories have some very intersting work . I dont think I would call it art,  however I'm sure they think their work is art. I would say that it fulfills the fantasys of every young boy on the planet, and also all the people who love to think about humans distroying there self's.  When I watched their shows on you tube They reminded me of a Star Wars battle. I think there are some simularitys between the SRL and Disney amatronics. I can very much see one of those shows at Disney World, the reason it probley wouldn't be seen at Disney is because it's  to violent to show. I think it would be a little bit of a contrdiction to the Disney World Happy life theam.
     SRL are sending a message about violence in our world and about the destruction of people and the planet.I t think that is there market. They do , however attract people who just like to see the show . I think they picked Amsterdam for the Big Event because of the historical events of WW11.There was a lot of death and physical destruction of WW11.Other country's like Libya and Afghanistan do have a lot of death and destruction, but they do not have the world wide historical perspective that Amsterdam has.

No comments:

Post a Comment