Friday, March 11, 2011

lecture homework

This is a pitcher I took of my brother in law . He is holding a pitcher taken of him when he was a baby. He did an ad for a milk company. I wanted to take this photo of him because I liked the idea of showing him as he is now ,in his surundings with a pitcher of the past. There is a hint in this photo for the viewer of diffaculties he faces now , That is the cane next to his chair. He was diagnosed with M.S. two years ago, and now he can hardly move. My Husband liked this photo ,because of the meaning of it. He gave it framed to his brother for Christmas. I think in 10 years we will still care about the photo. In 10 years he may not be around , or he will be in worse shape from the M.S. this pitcher will probley  have more meaning to it then.
 This  is a photo of me when I was 3. I just got this photo in the mail, my aunt sent it to me. I have never seen it before I guess my Mom sent it to her. The photo was taken when we lived in Evreux France in 1966. It was taken by a man named Al Torres . I know all this because lucky he wrote it on the back. I love this photo , and I am so glad to have gotten it. The reson I love it is because it is of a little girl plaing in her mothers heels. The photo is not staged and I think it tells a great story. I for sure will have and care about this photo in 10 years.


No comments:

Post a Comment