Monday, February 28, 2011

Revised Crossing the Line Story





Seventeen can be a difficult time in a young person’s life. The urge for a teen to do what they want and not really care about their parent’s consent can take on a life of its own.  Most teens are okay with their parent’s control or rules, as long as it does not interfere with what the teen wants to do.
            I was no different than any other teen. I usually was obedient and didn’t cause too many problems, however I had a new boyfriend in my life.  Now I was starting to do things that would be crossing the line…               
            I was only 17 and still in high school when, my boyfriend who was in college wanted me to go camping over night with some other friends. I wanted to go but knew my parents would disapprove. I decided rather than listening and obeying my parent’s rules I would sneak behind their backs and go camping with my boyfriend and friends. I asked my friend to cover up for me and claim that I would be staying the night at her house, so that my parents would let me go! After I had left to go camping my parents called her house asking to speak to me! Of course I wasn’t there and she  had to tell the truth! They were so furious with the both of us, but since she had no clue of the where about’s of my camping site my parents couldn’t do anything but wait until my arrival the next day. I thought my parents would be at church in the morning and I planned on going home when they were gone, but to my unfortunate surprise I found my parents waiting there for me! 
"Oh my gosh, oh my goodness, oh no, their not suppose to be home!" I yelled out of my lips! They were extremely furious with my disobedience, bad judgment, and my total lack of character that they grounded me and I was faced to deal with the humiliation and consequences of my actions and because my boyfriend was so humiliated as well he broke up with me a week later! I thought twice before I ever crossed the line again!

No comments:

Post a Comment