Wednesday, February 23, 2011

for my  modular madness I choose materials, process , and form. This piece could have been made with any other object, but what I like about the wooden hangers is the is the space in the hangers there self. I feel that the space is what makes this art piece interesting. The hangers were not to hard to work with the only problem I had was getting them to stay in place. It sometimes took a lot of glue to get them to stay in place! I like how big the piece is  I think it shows the design well. My original idea was to stack the hangers in a spiral form but Donte suggested doing something like a cube and that gave me the idea to work with the negative space of the hangers.The dominate formals value and space and the is what makes this piece interesting.The dominating principle is scale and similarity.

No comments:

Post a Comment